Till Death Do Us Part? by Judith Bryant
There are many common myths concerning divorce in the state of Texas, which include:
- If I get the kids 50 percent of the time, I won’t have to pay child support.
- Texas has a no-fault divorce system, so my affair is irrelevant.
- Texas doesn’t have alimony.
- I bought it with my earnings, so it’s mine.
- I earned it, so it’s mine.
To find out the answers to these myths, read the full article here.
Written by Judith E. Bryant, a partner with the Austin law firm of Noelke English Maples St. Leger Blair, for the State Bar of Texas, Texas Bar Journal.